We ensure the concerns of the voluntary sector in Scotland are heard in the Scottish, United Kingdom, and European Parliaments.
To achieve this we develop evidence-based policy to influence decision makers. Our aim is to create a fair and sustainable operating environment for the voluntary sector.
- Promote the image and value of the sector
- Influence the sector’s operating environment
- Facilitate engagement with policy-makers
- Lobby for a more sustainable, empowered sector
- Campaign on issues that matter to the sector
Our policy areas
To support this work we work across six policy areas:
We listen and engage colleagues across the sector to ensure this policy work is meaningful. Get involved.
We also run a Policy Network, a space for colleagues to network, learn and share expertise.
- Paul Bradley Policy and Public Affairs Manager (Policy Lead: Regulation)
- Kyrstie Brown Policy Assistant
- Steve Grozier Research Officer
- Kirsten Hogg Head of Influencing (Policy Lead: Coronavirus)
- Rachel Le Noan Policy and Public Affairs Officer (Policy Lead: Partnerships)
- Sheghley Ogilvie Policy and Public Affairs Officer (Policy Lead: Sector as an employer)
- Susan Smith Campaigns Manager
- Allan Young Policy and Public Affairs Officer (Policy Lead: Sector as an economic actor)